Wednesday 16:00 Circuit Class for Athletes
This training unit is based on long and short circuits periodised for the UK athlete to perform high intensity movements in the summer months to help develop speed, power and speed endurance – not to forget the competition season.
The circuits are in whole aerobic, but will involve the anaerobic system more come the summer months. All circuits will incorporate frontal, sagittal, and transverse plane movements, as traditional circuits involve too many sagittal plane movements which do not help strengthen synergist muscles. Lets not forget that many full body movements occur in the transverse plane of motion.
Total volume of circuits (excluding recovery between sets)
- April – 27-mins
- May – 24-mins
- June – 22-mins
- July – 20-mins
- August – 16-mins
- I advise a full body stretch after this circuit otherwise your muscles will feel stiff the following morning. You will need to return the muscles to their original length.
- For those athletes who are training Wednesday morning, if your session is hitting lactate turnpoint then you will find this very tough in the evening. If you are overloading in the short term then you will be fine, however if not, then there will be a risk of injury.
How It Works
- Pay for the amount of sessions you want to do.
- Straight after payment you will be able to download the meeting ID for Zoom. Please keep this safe.
- Logon to the class through the free Zoom application on your phone, computer or tablet device. Type in Zoom ID and enter the class five minutes before it begins.