Simon started working in Birmingham in 2012 and holds a HNC in Sport & Exercise Sciences from University of Birmingham. His interests are periodisation in sports performance and lower back pain management. He enjoys coaching athletes online with the use of different training applications, and has worked with many junior and professional athletes.
Besides the classic weight loss, lower back pain management and lean muscle gain, Simon enjoys working with athletes ranging from ballet dancers to skiers.Outside work, Simon coached junior athletes between 2011 – 2021 achieving national medals. Two of the six juniors are now successful senior athletes with one athlete regularly running for Great Britain. These athletes competed between 400m-10,000m. Late 2018 saw Simon move into cycling after being invited to a Hill Climb race. Twelve months later the athlete had success over the short hill climb distances including three top three finishes. The athlete has achieved personal bests each year, finishing 21st at the last National Hill Climb Championships. Simon has extended his contract with the cyclist up until October 2021 where he then plans to focus solely on Online Training. More information on the athletes Simon coaches can be found here.Outside work, Simon enjoys travelling, speaks a little Italian and holds the RHS Garden Planning Qualification.
- HNC Sport and Exercise Sciences – University of Birmingham
- Specialist Exercise Referral Instructor, Lower Back Pain Management (Level 4)
- Nutrition – The Scientific Approach, Practitioner (Level 4)
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training (RQF)
- BSY Diploma in Sports Massage & Sports Massage Award (Level 3)
- Strength & Conditioning Course (Level 1) – KBT Education
- UK Athletics Accredited Coach (Level 3) Event Group Coach – Sprints & Hurdles; Endurance.
- British Cycling Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Cycling
- Level 2 Award in Technical Officials (Olympic Weightlifting)
- 1st4Sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Weight Lifting
- Training Peaks – Level 1 Accreditation
- UKAD Coach Clean E-Learning Certification
- The FA Guide to Anti-Doping
- DBS – UKA – Expires 14/09/24
Email: [email protected]